Monday, May 25, 2009

His Grace

II Cor. 12:9 states:"My Grace is sufficient for thee." These words are so precious to me that to better understand the complete meaning I will take each word and think about its application.

The first word is 'MY' which is the Lord himself saying that it is His Grace. It is His Grace to give, and all I need do is to take from it.
"MY Grace is sufficient for thee."

The next word is 'GRACE'. It is by God's Grace that I have been saved, and this Grace is unmerited favor given to me. God has blessed me in so many ways, with His Power and Love, and most of all with His Grace. First and foremost is Grace! "My GRACE is sufficient for thee."

'IS' can be very important, even though it is a very small word. It shows that at this very moment God's Grace IS available and sufficient. Not yesterday, as yesterday is now gone. Not tomorrow, as tomorrow may never come, but right now! 'IS' is present tense. "My Grace IS sufficient for thee."

The word 'SUFFICIENT' means that this is all I need. Absolutely nothing else is needed. It would be as if the ocean would say to a little fish to 'drink away, my waters are sufficient for you'. Or Joseph of old, telling the little mouse in his granary to eat up, there is sufficient grain.
"My Grace is SUFFICIENT for thee."

And last but not least is the word 'THEE'. God's Grace is available and sufficient for me at anytime. I just need to lean on Jesus, and the Grace that saved me, will also be sufficient for me and will keep me in the straight path.
"My Grace is sufficient for THEE."

And Lord I thank you that your Grace, Your Amazing Grace, is all I need.

a. From the heart of CC
b. II Corinthians 12:9

No comments: