Saturday, September 10, 2011

Intervention

I just can not seem to stay away.  When God gives me a thought I love to write it down, and then as I look it over I think "I must share this"; so what better way than to put it in a 'blog'.  I am also changing the name to "Gens from the Heart".  Or maybe later I will think about something else, like "Gems from the Word".  After all, the gems I find are found in God's Word, and then he speaks them to my heart.

Recently I came across a new thought on the word "Intercession".  The verse is from Hebrews 7:25 (KJV):
       "Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him,
          seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them."

The word for 'intercession' in the Greek is 'intugehano'.  This word 'intugehano' actually means 'intervention'.  In the verse in Hebrews where it says Jesus is in heaven 'interceding' for us, he is actually 'intervening' for us.  He is coming between my sin and the Holy Father.

Our Father in Heaven cannot look on sin, yet he can look at me because He sees me perfect because Jesus 'intervened' for me.  He sees the perfection of Jesus, the Holy and perfect Son, because Jesus intervened and took the fall.  Because of Jesus, God the Father now looks beyond my faults, beyond my sin, and sees the one who 'intervened' now sitting at His right hand 'interceding' for this unworthy sinner who is saved by Grace.  What a God!   

No comments: